Sunday 15 May 2016

The Sunday Post | London Zoo



A short while back I was incredibly lucky to be treated to an experience at London Zoo. When it comes to any interaction with animals I'm there, so when I was told I was going to meet my favourite animal, penguins, up close and personal I was more than excited.
London Zoo has a wide variety of animals and we were lucky enough that the weather was amazing and the attraction itself was not too busy so we had the opportunity to see all the 750 different types of species. Going to a zoo always makes me feel a little anxious as you never really know whether the animals are happy in their environment instead of the wild, however when walking round London Zoo it was obvious that the animals had a connection with the rangers and were happy for people to view them.

As you can see this post is dominated highly by photos of penguins, this is due to the fact I was lucky enough to have a meeting experience with the London Zoo penguins. When in London I was actually very unwell and this definitely was the pick me up I needed. I never expected the amount of penguins that came over to meet us, and I did not think they would let me sit and stroke them, I even got a cuddle from one of the most friendly ones.
The zoo ranger was very knowledgeable and answered all my penguin fan girl questions that I had, and believe me that was a fair few, involving whether I was able to sneak one home back to Scotland with me - which the answer was no. However even though I was not able to adopt a little guy and take one home, his experience was one of the best I have ever had and I would definitely book another, next I think with the meerkats. They are not cheap, neither are the actual zoo tickets, however it is well worth it and is an amazing day out.

Have you ever been?





No comments:

Post a Comment